Rosacea is a skin disease that can cause redness on the cheeks, nose, chin, forehead, neck, chest, scalp, and ears. Needless to say, this can be a physically and emotionally difficult condition for the individual to deal with, as it is not only uncomfortable but also highly visible. The use of appropriate skin care products and facial cleansing techniques can work to combat some of the worst symptoms of rosacea, but only if the individual is aware of their condition and therefore aware of their need to use these products and techniques. Some of the primary signs that an individual may be suffering from rosacea include:
- Flushing of the face. Individuals who suffer from rosacea often experience flushing or blushing. While this redness may come and go in the beginning, it can begin to remain on the face for some time.
- Constant redness of the face. Initially, the constant redness of rosacea can appear to be quite mild–looking like a blush or sunburn that just never fades.
- Bumps and pimples on the face. The bumps and pimples of rosacea tend to look slightly different from the bumps and pimples of “normal” acne. They are normally solid or pus-filled and may cause a burning or stinging sensation.
- Blood vessels visible on the face. When an individual is suffering from rosacea it is not unusual for small blood vessels to be visible on their face.
- Eye irritation. In some cases, rosacea can affect the eyes and cause them to become irritated, watery or bloodshot.
- Tight, itchy skin of the face. It is not unusual for the individual who is suffering from rosacea to feel as though their skin is tight and itchy–it may also burn and sting.
- Thickening skin of the face. Rosacea can cause the skin of the face to thicken, which is often most notable on the nose, which can become large and bulbous.
With an unknown cause and no definite cure, it can seem that an individual who suffers from rosacea is likely to continue suffering indefinitely. Some medical treatments have been designed in order to combat the worst symptoms of rosacea, but it can yet be physically and emotionally difficult to deal with this condition. Fortunately, there are ways to effectively soothe the skin so as to reduce the uncomfortable symptoms of rosacea. One such way is with a rosacea facial.
Rosacea Facial Treatment
The best facial for rosacea is one that works to not only gently cleanse the skin and eliminate congestion but also soothe the blotchiness and irritation caused by the condition. This means that there will be no vigorous scrubbing or exfoliation of the skin, but rather just gentle and relaxing cleansing techniques. This often includes the use of green tea leaves and chamomile. Green tea is well-known to possess anti-inflammatory properties, which will help to reduce both the redness and irritation that is associated with rosacea. It is also an anti-carcinogen and antioxidant that possesses phyto protective properties. This means that it can help to counter rosacea-affected skin’s reaction to ultraviolet light which can help guard against the development of unsightly papules and pustules. Chamomile is also well-known to possess anti-inflammatory properties which can help to reduce redness and irritation. It also contains terpenoids and flavonoids which can soothe the skin.
The entire purpose of the rosacea-soothing facial is to not only cleanse and soothe the skin so as to help reduce redness and irritation but also to stimulate the skin’s natural ability to heal and repair itself. While there may not be any known cause or cure for rosacea, one can effectively manage the condition so as to enjoy a more comfortable life.