Thai fusion is a very special type of massage therapy. It is more energizing and rigorous than most other types of massage therapy. Many individuals liken it to the relaxing and energizing benefits of yoga, though the individual doesn’t actually have to do any of the work to go through the motions. This very unique and exact form of Thai massage can be wonderfully helpful in relieving headaches, particularly migraine headaches, as well as the discomfort associated with arthritis, sciatica and back pain. It can also help to improve blood circulation and the body’s ability to efficiently eliminate wastes and toxins.
Understanding Thai Fusion
When kept healthy and strong, the human body is actually an incredible machine that is capable of protecting itself from harm when possible and repairing itself when necessary. That said, many things in the world around us can affect the health and strength of our body, and therefore its ability to protect itself from harm and repair itself. Fortunately, there are many cases when stimulating the body’s energy levels and helping it to better eliminate harmful wastes and toxins through massage therapy can allow it to overcome environmental stressors. Massage therapy can also aid the individual in disconnecting from their normal, busy environment and relax more thoroughly so that their body can heal itself. Thai fusion is particularly adept at this.
It is believed that Thai massage was introduced over twenty-five hundred years ago in India by Jivaka Kumar Bhaccha, who was Siddhartha Gautama’s (Buddha’s) physician. When Thai massage made its way to Thailand, the Ayurvedic techniques were combined with some traditional Chinese medicine techniques. The focus continues to be the stimulation of proper movement, energy flows, and blood circulation all throughout the body.
Unlike most other massage therapies, Thai fusion does not normally involve the use of oils or lotions, as the individual remains fully clothed in loose, comfortable clothing. There is constant body contact between the therapist and individual through the treatment, but the therapist will not use rubbing or kneading motions. Instead, the therapist will compress, pull, rock, and stress different parts of the individual’s body in order to achieve the desired results, which include eliminating energy blockages and creating a better energy balance in the body. With their thumbs, palms, arms, elbows, and feet, the therapist helps to move the individual’s body through unique patterns. This allows the joints to open and the internal organs to receive the proper, gentle stimulation they need in order to work more efficiently.
Due to the more vigorous nature of Thai fusion, the individual normally lies on a mat or firm mattress that is on the floor. They will be moved through many yoga-like positions and will also experience some deep static and rhythmic pressures. The massage itself tends to flow along specific lines in the body and lasts for two hours as the individual’s fingers, toes, and ears are pulled, their knuckles cracked, their back walked over, and their body moved.
Benefits of a Thai Fusion Massage
Thai fusion can result in a very deep and unique form of relaxation, as the body feels both stimulated and relaxed at the same time. Thai fusion allows for wonderful body stretching and the alleviation of many different kinds of physical pain. Many individuals who have received Thai fusion massage also feel that it can help to slow down the process of aging and provide many other wonderful benefits, including:
- Reducing muscle tension and spasms. The therapist will apply pressure to specific areas in order to release muscle tension and trapped nerves.
- Mobilizing the joints. The gentle, yoga-like manipulation of the body during Thai fusion can increase joint mobility and range of motion.
- Improving blood circulation. The combination of touch, manipulation, and pressure helps Thai fusion to improve blood circulation.
- Balancing and increasing energy levels. A benefit of its blend with Chinese medicine, Thai fusion works along the energy meridians of the body in order to shift energy blockages and balance energy flows.
- Reducing sciatica, headaches, and neck pain. Touch, manipulation, and pressure work together to release the muscle tension, ease the nerve irritation and alleviate the pain associated with sciatica, headaches, and other neck pain.
- Reducing stress. Though Thai fusion is more vigorous than many other forms of massage therapy, it is excellent for improving comfort and relaxation, and therefore, reducing stress.
In order to get the most out of your Thai fusion massage, it is important to:
- Avoid eating any heavy meals just before your appointment.
- Tell your therapist about any specific discomforts or pains you may be feeling, as they can direct their attention to these areas.
- Relax and breathe deeply throughout your treatment so that you can receive the most benefits from it.
- Alert your therapist immediately if you feel any sort of discomfort or pain during treatment, as these are not normal parts of a Thai fusion massage.
For more information about Thai fusion and to schedule your appointment, contact Botanica Day Spa today.