Enjoy the Manicure Options Offered at Botanica Day Spa
Nothing quite looks as wonderful and professional as a well-done manicure. Your hands remain visible year-round, are extended to others in a wave or a handshake and reflect upon your grooming. A manicure can be deeply relaxing, but also a reflection of your taste and style.
Read on to find out about manicure choices and options and make the most of your mani.
Nail technology has greatly expanded in the past few decades, allowing for nails to look their very best. Nail extensions add length, nail art adds personality, and some polishes or finishes can last for weeks–even for individuals who use their hands extensively.
Nail extensions (artificial nails) can be added to a gel or acrylic finish for greater nail length, and generally must be maintained every few weeks. Adding to artificial nails and filing down length is simple and painless.
Shorter lengths and finishes have become more popular in recent years since the advent of gel polish manicures (a smoother and more flexible version of the gel used in previous gel artificial nail solutions). Gel polishes achieve a higher gloss than standard nail polish but also come in matte, metallic, speckled or other finishes. Gel nail polish also lasts for two weeks or more.
Nail art on regular, artificial or gel nails adds a personal touch to your choice of polish. French tip in standard white on a pink nail, or in any two-tone color choice also add finish or flair to your manicure nails polish.
Healthy Nails and Cuticles
Regular nail care and manicures can improve circulation to nails, nail health and nail growth. Some people will prefer to push back cuticles and not trim them. For others, regular cuticle trims keep nails looking their best. Cuticle trimming should be kept slim and gentle, preserving the health of the skin surrounding the nail bed. Manicurists are trained to perform these delicate cuticle trims and encourage healthy nail growth, without damaging the cuticle.
You can also preserve the health of your nails and cuticles by:
- Using a good moisturizer, even on top of manicured nails.
- Keeping cuticles moisturized with a cuticle cream or nail oil.
- Allowing nails “breathing time” between polish treatments, especially between artificial nails or gel nail polish applications.
- Avoid nail-biting or biting of the cuticles and fingertips around the nail, which can damage the nails and cuticles.
- Practice good self-care: stress, dehydration and poor nutrition can weaken nails or make them brittle. Regular exercise, drinking plenty of water, and eating well can help your entire body look and feel its best–even your nails.
- Keep nails filed between appointments, as rough edges can cause breakage.
Maintaining the health and appearance of your nails and cuticles between appointments can help maximize growth, as well as to look your best. We use our hands in greeting through a handshake or a wave, to add to our communication as we speak, and to work. Maintaining healthy manicured nails puts your best hands forward.
Each of our manicures and pedicures includes soak, nail shaping, cuticle removal, massage, and polish, but you can extend or customize your manicure nails experience to suit your needs. When you schedule your appointment or when you speak to your manicurist, be sure to talk about any needs or problem areas with your hands, nails, nail beds or cuticles.
Maximize your manicure by combining with a pedicure or special add-on services, including:
- Paraffin treatment – Paraffin wax intensely moisturizes and adds softness. Perfect for dry, cracking or aged hands, or just for a more smooth finish to your skin.
- Foot and toe wax – Remove unwanted hair on hands or feet as part of your pampering manicure or pedicure.
- Specialized nails – Add nail art or a french manicure to your manicure or pedicure, personalizing your look.
- Gel polish – Add gel polish to your manicure or a pedicure for a look that will last for weeks to come.
- Callus removal – Our full-length pedicure will gently remove hardened calluses to restore a more youthful foot.
- Massage add-ons – Adding a longer massage or hot stone massage to your pedicure experience can help maximize your relaxation.
A Day at the Spa
All of our manicure and pedicure services are available as stand-alone services, but why not make a day of it? After a relaxing massage, a rejuvenating facial, or a specialized body treatment, a manicure, pedicure and makeup application are a great end to the day to get you ready to return to everyday life restored, refreshed and looking your best. Come with a friend, for a special occasion, or just because you deserve some “me time.”
We can get you scheduled for an ultimate day of pampering, or just for a much-needed manicure to help your hands and nails look and feel their best.