Eyebrow Tinting: The Youthful Eye Boost You Need Now
You have probably already discovered that making subtle beauty changes to your face can dramatically change your appearance. This is especially true when you enhance one of your main facial features, such as your eyebrows. And while shaping, waxing or threading your eyebrows can all create a dramatic statement, there is also the often much-preferred option of eyebrow tinting.
What is an Eyebrow Tint
As the name implies, eyebrow tinting is a process by which the hair color of the eyebrows is changed to make them darker. Most eyebrow tinting is accomplished using some sort of semi-permanent vegetable dye and is best done by professional aestheticians.
One of the key benefits of brow tinting is the fact that this treatment can yield the appearance of well-groomed eyebrows–without the need to remove any hair, which is often considered uncomfortable at best and fairly painful at worst. This allows women to forego the excessive amounts of time they may normally spend grooming their eyebrows as part of their daily makeup routine, without foregoing the wonderful benefits of such a routine. Here are some of the benefits of eyebrow tinting:
- It normally takes no longer than fifteen minutes to effectively apply the dye. Professional eyebrow tinting is a wonderfully simple and painless procedure that yields long-term benefits. You will be asked to lay back in a comfortable position while the dye is carefully applied to your eyebrows.
- Can speed up fill-ins. Filling-in the eyebrows with makeup is a common beauty technique that further creates the dramatic, bold look you may be going for. Professional eyebrow tinting can provide you with a guide for makeup fill-ins so that this process goes much more smoothly and quickly.
- Makes it easier to see the hairs you wish to remove. While eyebrow tinting can be used to replace some other brow treatments, such as shaping, waxing, and threading, it can also be used in conjunction with these treatments in order to create even better results. Eyebrow tinting can make other brow treatments even more effective since it darkens even the finest hairs, which makes it far easier to see those hairs that you wish to remove.
- Thickens the eyebrows. One of the most common complaints women have about their eyebrows is how sparse and undefined they look–a problem that is often resolved through time-consuming daily makeup fill-ins. Fortunately, eyebrow tinting can help to make your eyebrows look much thicker and can negate the need for daily makeup fill-ins.
A Few Helpful Tips
When it comes to enhancing the beauty of your face, eyebrow tinting is most definitely a wonderful way to go. That said, if you do choose to pursue eyebrow tinting, it is important to bear in mind a couple of points:
- Carefully choose the color of your eyebrow tint. While the main purpose of eyebrow tinting is to create a bolder look, it can result in the wrong sort of look if the wrong color is chosen. Individuals with light colored hair tend to have light colored eyebrows, while individuals with dark colored hair tend to have dark colored eyebrows. It is best to choose an eyebrow tint that is within four shades of your hair color and that matches your skin tone. If you’re uncertain about how to accomplish this don’t worry, your aesthetician can help you.
- Prepare your eyebrows for the treatment. Eyebrow tinting works best when your eyebrows and the area around them are completely clean and free from oil and makeup. Prior to your eyebrow tinting appointment, wash your face with soap and warm water. You can even apply some petroleum jelly to the areas above, under, and on the sides of your eyebrows–but it is very important not to apply any to your eyebrows themselves. Again, your aesthetician can help you if you are uncertain about how to properly prepare your eyebrows for tinting.