What It’s Like to Get a Brazilian Wax & Why You Should Get One
Sunshine and beach days are well underway this summer and there’s nothing worse than having to shave stubbly hair before putting on your bathing suit. While shaving your legs every day can typically be done without razor burn, shaving your bikini line is a different picture altogether. If you’ve never had a Brazilian wax, there’s benefits you should know and the steps behind the hair removal process that will help you be ready to get one!
Brazilian Wax vs. Shaving
There are still plenty of women who have never had a Brazilian wax before, and it’s mainly because from horror stories of other people’s experience with getting a wax. It may seem embarrassing and the wax part painful, but a temporary discomfort over daily razor burn is something to certainly consider, especially when it will save you and your bikini line a lot of pain in the long run. Shaving is time-consuming and only lasts a day or so, and depending on the growth and thickness of your pubic hair, it can be just a few hours before it starts to grow back.
The time factor alone is well worth trying a Brazilian wax rather than shaving. Why risk nicks, red bumps, and razor burn for a short trip to the spa for a wax that will leave you smooth and hair-free for weeks? You won’t regret swapping out daily shaving for a monthly wax instead!
Now, yes, waxing can be wince-inducing and not a fun party when it comes to removing pubic hair from one of the most sensitive areas of your body. However, the results of a Brazilian wax are outstanding and best of all – longer lasting! Here are just a few fantastic points to consider for trying a wax for the first time:
- Stubble-free – waxing lasts anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 weeks, depending on the natural growth of your body’s hair. So that silky soft feeling right as you rinse off your legs from shaving is what you will experience for weeks on end for your pelvic area and bikini line. Yes, your hair grows back as stubble, but not nearly anywhere as fast as shaving!
- Cleaner, healthier skin – a Brazilian wax is a very hygienic choice for your pubic area. NO hair means that sweating and daily oils aren’t clogging your pubic hair and smothering your pores from breathing, meaning fewer bacteria will grow. A Brazilian wax also exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells, which means a much healthier picture down there!
- Less Hair Regrowth – yes, you heard that correctly and no, it’s not a gimmick. Monthly, routine waxes can actually reduce the amount of hair that grows back. Some people have even had almost all their pubic hair remain bare and not grow back thanks to regular waxing!
- Fewer ingrown hairs – waxing removes the hair follicle right down to the root, rather than just the outer hair on the surface of the skin like shaving achieves. This makes the regrowth of the follicle take longer and since the pore is now completely open, you have a lower possibility of the hair growing inward (especially when you take the extra step and apply a post-wax gel to help keep ingrowns from appearing).
- No redness or razor burn bumps – while the first day of waxing will certainly inflame the skin and turn it a nice deep pink shade, that is only temporary and can last as little as an hour or two. Shaving constantly creates painful, stinging, and prominent red bumps surrounding your bikini line that makes it embarrassing to wear your bikini. Waxing voids all of that and results in a smooth, calm and bump-free surface!
When you choose a professional salon or spa for your wax, you will find that the experience and skill of the aesthetician can reduce the pain of waxing. At home, waxing can be dangerous, and you may chicken out halfway through, which is not the right choice (nor a fun situation to deal with afterward with shaving). Make sure you choose a professional aesthetician to do your Brazilian wax for full coverage, skilled strip removal, and better comfort for you!
The Steps of a Brazilian Wax
At Botanica Day Spa, we have talented aesthetician’s who have been working with hair removal for years to ensure the best results and the least painful experience for you. Our Brazilian wax is done in a very hygienic way unlike other places, such as nail salons. A new stick is used every time to dip into the wax, instead of double-dipping the same stick. This is a huge benefit for you and keeps the cleanliness level for you to optimum standards.
Therefore, the first step is spreading wax one section at a time with the wooden stick, followed by a wax strip pressed to each section that is coated in the wax, then it’s quickly pulled away from the direction of the hair growth. This is done over and over until the entire area has been waxed free of pubic hair. It typically takes 15 minutes for the whole process to be done, though it can vary from person to person.
At Botanica, we offer a Brazilian Wax Membership! For just forty dollars a month, you receive one credit for a Brazilian wax. Now, not only is a wax longer lasting and healthier for your delicate skin than shaving, it’s cost-efficient too! Call us today at 727-441-1711 to book your Brazilian wax appointment and say hello to fabulous bikini confidence this summer!