Beauty Survival Tips For the Holidays
Even though the holiday season has a tendency to make us feel overwhelmed, few people want to admit it, and absolutely no one wants it to show through their face, hair or skin. Fortunately, there are things you can do to survive the holidays beautifully.
Beauty Survival Tips
Unsurprisingly, how your body feels and looks during the holiday season is largely dependent upon what you put into and on it. Following are some basic tips to follow in order to preserve your innate beauty:
- Give your eyes a “spa” treatment. It can seem like a normal and natural part of the holiday season to stay up late and overindulge in food and drinks, but unfortunately, one result can be red, swollen and tired-looking eyes. Placing cold cotton balls or a chilled gel eye mask over your eyes for about ten minutes can help to drain any accumulated fluids, which in turn will reduce swelling. Dry and irritated eyes are often aided through artificial tear eye drops.
- Try to avoid consuming too much salt, and stay hydrated. Consuming too many cocktails and salty foods can cause the body to retain water and look puffy. Water and other caffeine-free fluids, like peppermint tea, can help the body to smoothly digest foods and avoid swelling.
- Maintain your face-cleansing and hydrating regimen. Acne and breakouts are one of the highly undesirable side effects of stress and are therefore not at all unusual during the holiday season. Sticking to your face-cleansing and hydrating regimen, and using a facial soap containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, can help ensure your face stays clear.
- Keep your lips exfoliated and hydrated. Drinking red wine and wearing dark lipsticks can stain your lips, especially if they are dry and flaky due to the cooler temperatures. Using an extra-soft toothbrush and warm water, gently rub your lips in a circular motion, then rinse them, pat them dry and apply a moisturizing lip balm.
- Condition and hydrate your hair. Your hair is often mightily abused during the holiday season, with all of the blow drying, teasing, twisting and hair spraying one subjects it to, in addition to the dry heat one experiences at home and at work. A once-a-week deep conditioning treatment can help to keep it sufficiently moisturized, and boar bristle brushes can help prevent static electricity.
With the right care, you can ensure you maintain your beauty while also enjoying everything the holiday season has to offer.