Summer Can Be Stressful: 3 Reasons Why a Regular Massage is Mandatory
Summer is typically all about fun in the sun, beach days, and barbecues. However, as adults, we still have work, family obligations, weeks where the kids are out of school and summer camp hasn’t started, errands, chores, and all of it on top of the heat. No matter how nice our weekends can be, there will always be times where it continues to be a little bit stressful. Making the time to take care of yourself with a regular massage will certainly help make the juggling act much easier to handle.
Massage is More Than a Splurge
A lot of people have the common misconception that receiving a massage on a regular basis is simply indulgent. A spa can seem like a lavish place to visit each month, but really, a massage is so much more than just being pampered. Your body gets stressed and is pushed to the limits each week, with a busy daily schedule, working out, wearing dress shoes, sitting at a desk or standing all day, and even bed types can cause body issues.
These are some of the wonderful benefits of massage therapy that you may not be aware of:
- Helps lower blood pressure. The relaxation and stimulation of muscles and tissue have shown to reduce upper number and lower number blood pressure throughout the system. Not only that, but it also reduces triggers that cause anxiety, tension, while reducing the risk of heart attack, stroke and kidney failure.
- Improves circulation. Regular massage allows for stiff, damaged, and tense muscles to be released and allow a richer blood flow throughout the body, allowing healing.
- Improves posture. Back and neck pain is definite signs of bad posture or lack of proper stance with the spine, no matter if you stand, sit or run around for a living. Massage allows for your muscles and tendons while undoing slouching and promoting better posture.
- Strengthens the immune system. Stress, lack of sleep, and overworking your body can lead to illness and a weakened immune system. Massage therapy works out the stress and release of cortisol and other relaxing chemicals in the brain to promote relaxation. When your body is taken care of and less stressed, your immune system thrives.
- Reduces stress. A spa is the perfect location for tranquility, peace, and to step away from life’s busyness to focus on yourself. Massage therapy not only helps break down tension and muscle pain, but also allows for you, your mind, and your body to unwind.
If you could never understand why your friend, family member, or significant other would go for a massage every month, now you know it’s not just about a splurge purchase. Some massages and spas may be expensive, but a massage is worth the cost when it allows for your body to function better and stronger. So think about these three things the next time you think of getting a massage, but worry about it being too indulgent:
- It’s not about the cost, but the reward and results it can do for your body.
- Life, not just summer, is stressful. Massage therapy is known to reduce stress and should definitely be considered when things start to be too much to handle.
- It’s okay to spend a little on yourself and your wellbeing!
Botanica Day Spa Massage Services
The best thing about Botanica Day Spa is our incredible list of massages available! Enter our beautiful, serene spa and be transported to your own paradise of being pampered, cared for, and your body feeling better than ever! Our professional massage therapists are all about giving you the greatest spa experience and listen to the areas you point out need help and ensure the pressures, room, and comfortableness are all to your specifications.
We also offer spa memberships for those who want a regular massage, but at a lower cost! Check out our spa membership page for more information and call us today at 727-441-1711 to book your massage appointment with Botanica Day Spa!