You’re Worth It! 6 Ways to Boost Your Confidence & Self Care
The holiday season can be a little frantic–holiday parties, gifts to give, children on their winter break– on top of all of your regularly scheduled activities compounded with these once-a-year events. Take a moment out of the hecticness to practice some much-needed self-care, thereby boosting confidence and self-worth while conquering that holiday stress as Christmas rounds the corner this month!
How to Grow Your Self-Worth
So how can you boost your self-worth (or find your self-worth in the first place)? You can start by taking each of these qualities, one at a time, and focusing on them:
- Keeping promises to yourself
- A willingness to change and adapt, as you age and grow, but being true to yourself as you do.
“Keeping your promises to yourself” is a great place to start. If you promised yourself a workout, do it. If you promised yourself you would get a great night’s sleep, go for it. The importance of having confidence and knowing your self-worth is an odd topic, but why it matters is that no one else has your life, except you. You live it and your health is one of the biggest aspects to protect, nourish, and remember to put as a priority. Inside and outside health both have to be balanced for you to be productive, thriving, and happy!
These 6 acts of growing your self-worth work perfectly to promote a less stressed and grateful mindset:
- Practicing self-kindness – Some of us speak to ourselves in ways you would never talk to a friend. Be your own friend and increase your positive self-talk.
- Asking for help – Maybe you are the center of all activity in your family or friend group, but it’s time to delegate a little. Accept help and accept it in the forms in which it comes (allowing others their imperfections as well).
- Letting go of perfection – Similar to asking for and receiving help, take the holidays in stride, allowing for the flow of activity, even if there are bumps in the road.
- Avoiding comparisons – So you used to fit into the “perfect” holiday dress, or your neighbor seems to have the most amazing holiday decorations– whatever the comparisons are (to former self or to others), let them go.
- Insisting on kindness – Lead by example and ask that family members and others let go of criticisms and speak kindly to one another. Sometimes a low self-worth comes from accepting others’ opinions…instead, focus on kindness and avoid the Debbie Downers who won’t get with the program.
- Schedule some “me” time – Always being the one to give, in an imbalanced way, can leave you drained. Schedule a recharge (and what better way than heading to the spa)!
Managing Holiday Stress
All of these suggestions apply to any time of year, but especially during the holiday season, you can practice these qualities, as well as a few specific to the stresses of the holiday season. Primarily those would be keeping a schedule, keeping to your budget, staying organized, and practicing self-care.
With so many demands on your time and your wallet, it’s easy to spend and then cringe as you spend the next several months or more to pay off those lingering holiday bills. Poor eating choices, with extra sugar and alcohol, combined with less exercise, make holiday wellness potentially disastrous. Instead, name your schedule and your budget in a way that your future self will thank you. You don’t need to wait for January to make self-care a resolution!
(Plus, what’s a better holiday gift idea from everyone asking for your Christmas list than a gift certificate or appointment to the spa?)
Unwind & Feel Vibrant with Us at Botanica Day Spa
Hit the pause button on a hectic holiday schedule and make a spa day part of your self-care. At Botanica, we can take care of your manicure and makeup application for your holiday party, or help reduce those tension headaches as you scramble to holiday shop and decorate, or help you feel slimmer with some of our amazing body treatments? It’s the Season of Giving, so why not start with a massage in our beautiful and serene day spa? Make self-care and confidence part of your new holiday routine! Call us at 727-441-1711 to book your appointment now!